Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 2 continued


This afternoon was wonderful so far. I met with my good friend Shannon, her husband, and their 21 month old daughter Abigail. We walked through downtown Taipei and went through an amazing museum. Then we had lunch at a Japanese restaurant in the downtown shopping area that was quite good. We did a lot of walking, but I really enjoyed reconnecting with Shannon and meeting her family. Her daughter knows me as uncle David. What an honor that is...amazing! They even provided me with a temporary cell phone to use while I'm here. It's truly an honor to have such wonderful friends throughout the world. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have such an amazing job where I meet the best people and have the opportunity to be an honorary brother to so many. What a gift.

My day is far from over, of course, as other friends are taking me out to check out the night life in Taiwan in awhile. I am so excited to meet up with so many friends while here. It makes the experience that much more worth it. I hope that I can return here more than just once in a lifetime, of course. We'll see what happens as life goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment