Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 2 Evening

Day 2 evening

Tonight was a lot of fun. I ran out of steam by around 9:00 pm, though because I was going on only 4 hours of sleep; however, it was a lot of fun to go out to dinner with my friend Daisy from Hong Kong and several of the Tamkang students. They took me to a Japanese restaurant where we had noodle soup and fried tofu. The food was good, and the company was fun. It was raining, and everyone was concerned about being outside, so we didn't go to the night market as planned, but we were so full from dinner that it's just as well. Daisy and I will probably go to the night market tonight and make that our dinner rather than a late night snack. After all, I would like to fit in my airplane seat on the way back. :-)

It was interesting walking through the streets of the shopping district in Taipei last night and getting pictures of whatever looked interesting. I tried getting a picture of one of the cute little walk signs, but it didn't work because it was night time and the guy was moving...just a little blur. I will have to get a picture of one during the day time or try using video mode. There weren't quite as many people out as I might have expected, but it was cool using the subway, since I've never used one before even in the U.S. The trains weren't really that crowded, and it was another opportunity to reconnect with old friends in the process.

Anyway, I finally got to bed around 11 pm to shake off the remainder of the jetlag and get ready for a new day and new adventures. Not much more to say right now.

1 comment:

  1. The trains weren't crowded because it is Sunday morning. Try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete