Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 5

Day 5:

Today started out pretty slow. I ended up waking up around 4 am and couldn't sleep, so I got out of bed to see who I could chat with. I was able to get back to sleep around 5:30 or so and slept until 8, so I was good for most of the day. I walked around a little bit after breakfast (to walk off the really bad Burger King food and coke zero with very little syrup and a LOT of carbonated water) before coming back to the hotel to relax for a bit. After about 30 minutes of chatting, Daisy asked if I wanted to go for lunch, so I met her at the metro station, and we went to a cool part of town with an old historic building with an amazing design. We walked around the shopping area before coming across a cool little BBQ place where they gave you all the food you could BBQ on the grill at your table. The food was delicious and the company was fun (Thanks Daisy).

After lunch, we made our way back to the hotel for awhile before Daisy had to go to the airport. I helped her get her bags to the bus terminal (where she got a cab to the airport). I made my way back to the hotel to veg for awhile and then ended up chatting on facebook for a bit. I didn't really have any set plans for the evening, but I ended up going out with a friend who I have only been keeping up with on facebook, Irene. She took me to a different kind of BBQ place that was amazing. We then chatted at Starbucks until almost 10 before coming back to the hotel. Time really flies when you're having fun, I guess. Anyway, I found myself wishing I had more time to spend here, but I will be happy to see my kiddo and my roommates when I get back too. I feel like I am beginning to understand the mixed feelings that our students feel the first couple months at the IALC. To be able to love the experience but still miss the people back home means that we are human.

I have decided to try to make this an annual trip and bring Caleb with me on the years that I can. It may be a shorter trip after this each time, but I'm fascinated by how much there is to do and see around here and how convenient things are to get to as compared to Moscow/Pullman. I have done a lot of walking but loved every minute of it. I guess this is enough for now. I wish everyone an amazing Thanksgiving vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment