Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 4






Day 4

Today was a really low-key, relaxing day. Definitely not boring at all. I went to Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Square today and took pictures for two hours. Yesterday was great, but it was more moving from place to place than I am used to. I definitely need to ease into the city life...hehe. Anyway, I wanted to have a day where I could just focus my attention on being creative and having fun with my camera. It was so nice to be able to hear the city noise but not be inundated by it.

I was most impressed today by just people watching. I saw some wonderfully amazing people today and had a great lunch with Notti before coming back to the
hotel to just chill and chat with friends for awhile. Tomorrow I am not sure what to expect, but I can see doing another busy day
tomorrow seeing he sights of Taipei and taking in the experience as much as possible. I don't really feel jet lagged any more, but my sleep schedule is a bit off still. I guess that's just how it will be, so I'll deal with it.e in the background and see the skyline but not really be inundated by it for a couple hours. I think I got some pretty decent photos.

I was so impressed by the architecture and the grandeur of the buildings in the square. The Concert Hall and the Theater are absolutely AMAZING buildings, and the Buddha shrine area was a great place to take panoramic (well, potentially) pictures of the Taipei skyline. I can't wait to go up into Taipei 101 in a couple days and take pictures of the city from way up. I think it would be cool, though, to go to a concert at the concert hall or see some kind of production at the theater. I may have to wait until the next trip here, but it's worth thinking about at least.


Well, not much really to share from today's adventure. I took another trek around the downtown area this evening and just enjoy the sights and sounds. I could do without some of the smells, however. The evening time is when they take out the trash, and you could definitely smell it...from many different buildings. Ewww...lol. Anyway, I guess that makes sense.

I obviously started looking like a tourist today, though. I suppose it's my white skin and WSU T-shirt (and the fact that I was wearing a short sleeve T-shirt). Everyone seems to think it's cold out there or something. I think it's just right considering what I'll be going back to on the 29th. For now I am just going to concentrate on living in the moment and enjoying every moment I can spend with new and old friends here in Taiwan.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself, It's nice to be able to relax and actually enjoy a vacation. Have a great time. Kristin

    ReplyDelete